Hormone Therapy for Women
There is perhaps nothing like an imbalance in hormones to make us feel like a stranger to ourselves, and to our loved ones. Total Health Compounding Pharmacy has been helping women of all ages feel not just normal but optimally well for over 25 years.
For most people, a quick recollection of puberty provides clear evidence of the power of hormones on the body. Our hormones dictate, to a large extent, our mood, our sexual and reproductive functions, our metabolism, and more. When imbalance occurs, whether as a result of menopause or some other factor, you may feel like you have lost the balance in your life. One way balance can be restored, along with your natural self, is with compounded bio-identical hormone replacement therapy (BHRT).
Hormone replacement therapy has been a common medical treatment for several decades, but quickly halted in light of the WHI (Women's Health Initiative) in 2002. After years of prescribing synthetic hormones, increased risks of certain cancers and strokes, as well as other hazardous effects were documented.
Advantages of compounded BHRT compared to synthetic commercially available HRT
There are several distinct advantages to compounded bio-identical hormones:
Hormone therapy designed with you in mind
- The term “bio-identical” means that a substance is identical to that naturally produced in the human body. Therefore, bio-identical hormones mimic natural hormones. The supplementation of hormone deficiencies with hormones that mimic those produced by your own body, you are able to avoid the adverse effects that occur with synthetic estrogens and progestins. BHRT works in harmony with the body’s hormone metabolism and hormone receptors to function just as natural hormones!
- Dosing customized to your needs. Total Health Compounding Pharmacy customizes dosage in order to ensure your individual needs are adequately met.
- Custom hormone combinations. Total Health Compounding Pharmacy can create single dosages through the combination of multiple bio-identical hormones. This empowers you to stick with your regimen, as a single dose is easier to comply with.
- Availability of multiple dosage forms. Compounding pharmacists are skilled at creating the precise dosage forms that work for each patient. Your BHRT can be tailored to your unique needs and wants so that you can experience an optimal therapeutic outcome.
Restoring hormonal levels at any age is essential for optimal well being. BHRT has been helpful in treating:
- Premenstrual syndrome (PMS)
- Painful intercourse
- Fibrocystic breasts
- Night sweats and sleep disturbances
- Hot flashes
- Vaginal dryness
- Postpartum depression
- Weight gain
- Decreased libido
- Irregularity in menstruation
Millions of women are affected in one or more ways by hormonal imbalance. To meet the needs of women today, pills, creams, and patches have been mass-produced with increasing regularity. Although a standard solution for what may seem a common condition, the problem with mass-produced medication for hormonal imbalance is that standardized medication cannot meet the unique needs of every individual. Our pharmacy bypasses the one size fits all approach and address your individual needs.
Total Health Compounding Pharmacy understands that no two women are exactly alike.
Pharmacy compounding is the precise preparation of formulations to suit the needs of the individual. In hormone replacement therapy, compounding adapts formulations to maximize therapeutic effectiveness for each patient. This art allows the use of bioidentical hormones, those which are structured with the exact same chemistry as what is produced in the body. Because the body recognizes these hormones as its own, the risk of unpleasant side effects is greatly diminished.
Bio-Identical Hormone replacement therapy, based on each patient’s natural chemistry, is customized with the help of your physician and compounding pharmacist, Miranda Tawfik. By teaming with you and your physician, our compounding pharmacist will prepare your prescription in a way that will allow you to begin and maintain the therapy that promotes balance by mimicking the natural function your body has been accustomed to for years. Based on your physician’s prescription, we can prepare your medicine in the dosage form best suited to your needs. Options include:
- Topical gel, cream, or foam
- Vaginal gel, cream, or foam
- Troches or drops to be placed under the tongue
We not only prepare customized medications, we follow up with you to ensure your therapy is doing what it should, and is easy to administer in the prepared form.
Your body is all your own. The therapy prescribed for hormone imbalance should be tailored to you. We are happy to answer your questions regarding compounded hormone replacement therapy. You can reach us at 905-898-5210 or Toll Free at 905-898-5210.
- Hair Loss Solutions For Women in Newmarket - Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is among the best hair loss solutions for women
- Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy ON - What ON residents need to know about bioidentical hormone replacement therapy
- Compounding for Libido Newmarket - How compounding can help Newmarket area women regain their libido